The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
Thank the blogger who nominated you providing links back to their website.
Display the logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions set for you.
Make up ten questions for your nominees.
Nominate ten people.
Thank You to The Raven and The Oak for the nomination! I, honestly, haven’t read your blog. I think you followed me and I never got the notification for it; however, I fully plan on correcting that horrible error because you are a pagan blogger who is making waves. I love seeing teachers and those who are always pushing forward, and just from what I’ve seen so far, you are definitely one of those people. Thank you so much for nominating me!
- How do you express yourself?
Through word. I’m a horrible speaker. I say “um” a lot. I stumble over what I want to say and when I want to say it. I struggle finding the language I need to get my point across. But when I write, I tend to find the words I need. Maybe it’s because I get the chance to think before “speaking” more so than if I’m in the midst of it all. Maybe it’s because I can edit and go back and reread. Whatever it is, I express myself through my writing, through this blog and my other one.
- What is your best memory? The day my parents dropped me off for college, my dad pulled me aside after I hugged my mom and family goodbye. He hugged me and said, “I am so proud of you, and I love you very much. I know you are going to do great in college.” Then, he handed me a $100 bill and said, “This is for an emergency. Keep it in your wallet and if you ever get into a situation where you need to get out and you can’t, you call a taxi and you use this money. I want you to be safe, and I want you to know that we will always have your back, even if we aren’t physically here.” I still have that $100 bill.
- What place have you not yet visited though you really wish you could? There are so many places that I want to see but haven’t yet: Hawaii, Niagara Falls, Russia, Egypt, Greece, Ireland, Scotland, Japan…. Some are more likely to happen sooner rather than later (Hawaii, Niagara Falls, Europe, Japan). Some may never happen for safety reasons: Egypt and Russia. There’s a lot of unrest in some parts of the world, and I don’t want to get mixed up in all of it. My sister is in Japan (so we could easily visit her), Niagara falls is not far from where Erin’s family lives, and we’re thinking about Hawaii or Europe for our honeymoon. So excited! 🙂
- What is your soul food? This is going to sound so weird, but Asian food. I love Asian food. I think I could eat it every day and not get food bored. Whenever I feel bad and want to “splurge,” I’ll go after some egg rolls or sushi. Yummy!!
- Who is your hero? My brother. My brother has had a very difficult life. He’s struggled through school and learning basic things that come naturally to everyone. He’s had major brain surgery and major chest surgery, but through all of his struggles, he continues to be upbeat. He is the definition of what humanity should aspire to be, and when things get bad, I think about how he would react. I realize, he would bounce back quick and keep moving forward, so I try to do the same.
- If you could travel to any fantasy realm, what would it be and why? Storybrooke, Maine. I would love to live in Once Upon a Time. OH! OR I would love to live in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. That would be amazing. I would love to have the powers they have and see how they interact with the world and be able to interact with the world in those ways. So awesome!!!
- What might the soundtrack of your life sound like? Dubstep, mixed with slow, haunting classical. Lots of violin. There would be wave after wave of energizing, positive sounds with the occasional relaxation, slower tune.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I would make mainstream-faith compatible with life. I would take all the negativity surrounding faith and belief systems and religions and turn it all positive. I would make it so that everyone worked towards the betterment of man and society in general, rather than working against each other for their own personal gains.
- What would you say to your younger self? Say no, but if you don’t… Don’t stress… But if you can’t help but stress, then just remember that it will get better.
- What is your life motto? With faith, all things are possible. The Gods are always watching out for Their children, and with constant, unwavering faith, all will turn out the way it should.
Ten questions for my nominees:
- Why is your favorite color, your favorite color?
- What experience in your life has changed you the most?
- What is the worst advice you were ever given?
- If you could change one thing from your past, what would you change and why?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could live anywhere on the planet, where would you live and why?
- What is one thing you wish you could get rid of?
- What is the best advice you were ever given?
- How do you sleep at night?
- Do you have any pets?
Nominations: I don’t think I can do ten, but I’ll try.
- Finally Accepting Me
- Adventures in Loserville
- Giraffe and Duck’s Adventure to Becoming Mommies
- Fanny Fae
- Searching for my Truth
- Peaceful Awakenings
- Mystical Bewilderment
- The Gayby Project
- AAAAAAAAAND The Chronicles of a Non-Belly Mama