Perfect Ending to an Interesting Year
The year is coming to a close.
It’s been an absolutely amazing last few days here with more to come in the next few weeks.
- We had state testing this week, and my students did amazing. They really pushed themselves to succeed, and they did. The principal called me today to brag about my scores and said the department was looking at a 90% passing rate overall, which is the highest the school has seen in the last few years. I made sure to let all my students know how proud I was of them.
- I got all my registration information from Clemson for my summer classes, which start in June. At the end of this summer, I’ll be half way to a $4,000 pay raise. These classes are usually a week to two weeks and a lot of fun. Last year, I learned an insane amount of labs that I was able to work into my classes for this year, which was a lot of fun.
- Erin is looking at a possible promotion and another raise. She applied for a Lead Position at her job, and the interviews should be sometime in the next three or so weeks. Her graduate class is going well, and she’s really enjoying it. It’s a lot of work, though, so I’m glad we don’t have a lot of other stuff going on so she can fully focus on her class without a lot of other distractions.
- Erin got car insurance with Geico, and we quoted my car. It ended up lowering my car insurance by around 50%, so we decided to join up on the same insurance plan. For it to take full effect, though, I have to have the car in my name… So my parents sold me my car today. I have to go down to the county office to pay the property taxes on it to get the title in my name, but the car is officially mine! I asked my mom how it felt to have a child fully off their payroll, and she said, “A little weird.” (I was very lucky in that my parents supported me fully until I was ready and able to stand on my own two feet.)
- The Kemetic Orthodox class I applied for starts in June, and I hear on June 5th if I’m accepted. I have a feeling that I am, but I’m not going to get too super excited about it until I know more. I’m really interested to learn more.
And that’s really it. I keep counting all the blessings and opportunities I’ve been getting… and as always, I give it all back to the Gods because They’re the ones who make it all possible.